Thoissey / Trévoux La Voie Bleue - Moselle-Saône à vélo
Elevation of the stage
Waytypes of the stage
Surface of the stage
For the time being, between Mâcon and Massieux, there’s no signposting for cyclists (although this should be put in place by the end of 2021), so we recommend you use GPX tracks.
The route follows the towpath (pebbly in parts). Some portions will undergo major renovation works in the course of 2021, along the stretch from Saint-Didier to Chalaronne – Messimy, overseen by the Communauté de Communes Val de Saône Centre.
Very narrow stretch passing through southern Fareins, arriving at Beauregard (works to widen the track are in the planning for 2020-2021, overseen by the Communauté de Communes Dombes Saône Vallée).
Take care along the stretch on the D933B road (for c.400m) at the level of the centre of Jassans-Riottier.
Warning: even along those stretches closed to motorized traffic, you may occasionally encounter locals’ and anglers’ cars or service vehicles. There are barriers in place at certain points; the track at these points can be narrow if you have panniers on your bike or a trailer.
SNCF (French national railways network)
TER line Dijon <> Mâcon <> Lyon
- Water gardens of Saint-Didier-sur-Chalaronne: Zen park with plant heritage and Koi carp.
- Montmerle: tower and chapel of the Minimes on the site of the former castle.
- Château de Fléchères in Fareins: 17th century castle with its Italian frescoes from 1632 and period furniture.
- Villefranche-sur-Saône: Renaissance architecture and shops in the historic centre. Gateway to the Unesco Global Geopark of Beaujolais.
- Saint-Bernard: medieval church and castle.
- Trévoux: medieval town, fortified castle, Dombes Parliament and museums. Les Cascades swimming area, media library, La Passerelle cinema.