Every details to prepare your bicycle trip !
Here, we offer advice – on the route, on what type of bike to choose, on equipment you might need – to ensure you are well prepared for your cycling trip along La Voie Bleue.
For long cycling trips:
- Make sure you have comfortable clothes for cycling, and appropriate shoes
- Always carry water and energy bars
- Don’t forget to pack a first-aid kit
- Opt for panniers rather than a rucksack, which can become tiring in the long run
- A handlebar bag also proves very useful, for maps, guidebooks and other practical items
- Carry a small repair kit including: a puncture repair kit, a spare inner tube, a cyclist’s multifunction tool, a bicycle pump and connection suitable for your valves
- If travelling with young children, consider getting a bike trailer or three-wheel bike, or a trailer-cycle / trail-a-bike, much more comfortable than a baby seat.
- Check the weather forecast before setting off
- Remember to use a bicycle lock when leaving your bike unattended