Waytypes of the stage
You cycle through Pont-à-Mousson along a dike beside the Moselle, then on a road shared with motorized traffic (via Place du Paradis and Quai Charles François). La Voie Bleue continues towards l'Ile d'Esch before taking you alongside the former Canal de la Moselle. You share the way with motorized traffic, riding along below the canal, up to a former cardboard factory and the extra-wide lock at Blénod-les-Pont-à-Mousson. The route next takes you safely along a towpath, up to the RD10 road bridge, its surface unmarked in the centre. After this, the route goes by Autreville’s lakes, on to the RD40 road, past Millery, to Custines. Take care crossing the RD40/RD40b at the level of the electrical transformer, as this can be tricky, and along the RD40 road, often busy with lorries. To continue through Nancy, follow the signposts indicating ‘Boucle de la Moselle’, taking you along the west, then east bank of the Meurthe, up to the Pont de la Concorde bridge, easily crossed thanks to a lovely footbridge.
SNCF (French national railways network)
TER line Nancy <> Pont-à-Mousson <> Pagny-sur-Moselle <> Metz <> Hagondange <> Uckange > Thionville
- Pont-à-Mousson: Abbaye des Prémontrés, Place Duroc, Musée au fil du papier.
- Dieulourad: Dieulouard's fortified house built around the year 1000, the castle became an imposing fortress in the 14th century: a straight 100 m long facade facing east.
- Malzéville: park and Douéra (exhibition site).
- By the loop of the Moselle: Art nouveau, fortifications, nature and history of iron and wines from the Côtes de Toul.
- Pompey: an interactive historical tour to discover the world of iron and the ironworks that gave birth to the most famous monument in the world: the Eiffel Tower.
- Liverdun: Corbin castle and the Art Nouveau blue water domain
- Villey-Saint-Etienne: Gôniche trail to discover the historical and architectural heritage of the town and the Terrouin interpretation trail, starting from the Blue Flag restaurant to discover the fauna and flora of the Terrouin valley with your family (trail with signs, accessible).
- Toul: cathedral, Vauban ramparts
- Villey-le-Sec: visit of the fort by train