Elevation of the stage
Waytypes of the stage
Surface of the stage
Leaving Ray-sur-Saône, you ride along the D27 county road to reach the banks of the Saône. Continue along the river’s west bank up to Autet, then cross to the east bank to reach Gray. There is a stretch along the Saône towpath, as well as a few short portions shared with motorized traffic. Note that along the greenways beside the Saône you may encounter anglers’ cars and maintenance vehicles.
SNCF (French national railways network)
No train on this stage
- Ray-sur-Saône: City of Burgundy-Franche-Comté and its castle, dominate the Saône valley. It is located in the middle of a 6 ha English park, a real green setting.
- Savoyard and its classified altarpiece and its 640 m long 19th century tunnel.
- Autet and its fine sandy beach.
- Dampierre-sur-Salon: cellar of the castle Couyba to discover minerals and fossils Rigny charming village on the banks of the Saône.
- Gray: labeled Cité de Caractère de Bourgogne-Franche-Comté with basilica, town hall, theatre, Baron Martin Fine Arts Museum, museum, esperanto museum. Tuesdays of the Soil in summer. All the services of a heritage town worthy of the name. Don't miss the passage to the lock, rich in international meetings, as well as the various stops in the area upstream and downstream from Gray.
- Nearby, the Champlitte fortified castle and its museums, listed as a historical monument